These are held in the Festival Hall, Market Rasen (LN8 3HT) on the second Thursday of each month, doors open from 09.15, and serving tea/coffee at 09:45, which is followed by important announcements at 10:30, then our guest speaker. This is the opportunity to find out all that is going on in your U3A.
FEB 14 Sue Cadman – an Original Les Dawson Roly Poly
MAR 14 West Wolds U3A 20th Anniversary Event, details to follow.
APR 11 Keith Hanson- Tales of the Tower of London.Chief Exhibitor at The Tower of London for 20 years, Keith takes us through the Tower’s history, famous prisoners and Crown Jewels.
The monthly meeting also offers the opportunity to investigate the many group activities on offer – currently over 40.
- You may belong to as many groups as you like, or you may lead one group and learn at several others.
- It is a good way to make friends and face the challenge of learning something new.
- Not all groups are academic; many involve craft skills and physical activities.
- The majority of groups are small and take place in the group leader’s home with a nominal (usually 50p) contribution towards any tea or coffee that may be provided.
- Larger groups may meet at other venues for which a higher charge may be made.
If you have no desire to join a group you can still belong to the U3A and attend the monthly meetings.
The membership year starts on 1st September and the annual subscription for 2018/19 is a modest £17. Amongst other benefits, this includes our newsletter, the “West Wolds Quarterly” as well as “Third Age Matters”, the national magazine which is mailed to members three times a year.
How to Join
Come to the next meeting (see above for the date), make yourself known to the Greeters and they’ll be glad to explain how West Wolds U3A works.
Or click here to download a Membership Form…
Or complete the form on the Contact Us page and someone will get back to you.