FEB 8 Masters of Mirth – Mike Storr: How Music Hall began, its characters and acts
MAR 8 Spire Chocolates – Lindsay Gardner – Spire Chocolates, based in Louth and founded by Lindsay in 2012
APR 12 Stories of a Lorry Driver and Furniture Removal Man – Leonard Priestley
The monthly meeting also offers the opportunity to investigate the many group activities on offer – currently over 40.
- You may belong to as many groups as you like, or you may lead one group and learn at several others.
- It is a good way to make friends and face the challenge of learning something new.
- Not all groups are academic; many involve craft skills and physical activities.
- The majority of groups are small and take place in the group leader’s home with a nominal (usually 50p) contribution towards any tea or coffee that may be provided.
- Larger groups may meet at other venues for which a higher charge may be made.
If you have no desire to join a group you can still belong to the U3A and attend the monthly meetings.
The membership year starts on 1st September and the annual subscription for 2016/17 is a modest £15. This also pays for our local quarterly newsletter, the “West Wolds Quarterly” as well as the national “U3A News” which is mailed to members four times a year.
How to Join
Come to the next meeting (see above for the date), make yourself known to the Greeters and they’ll be glad to explain how West Wolds U3A works.
Or click here to download a Membership Form…
Or complete the form on the Contact Us page and someone will get back to you.