These are held in the Festival Hall, Market Rasen (LN8 3HT) on the second Thursday of each month, doors open from 09.45, when we start serving tea/coffee. This is followed by important announcements at 10:30, then our guest speaker. It is the opportunity to find out all that is going on in your U3A.
FEB 13 Jake Pass – The Seaman’s Mission
MAR 12 Philip Caine – Barrow To Baghdad & Back
APR 9 Sue Cadman – From Thin To Fat To Fame Part 2
The monthly meeting also offers the opportunity to investigate the many group activities on offer – currently over 40.
- You may belong to as many groups as you like, or you may lead one group and learn at several others.
- It is a good way to make friends and face the challenge of learning something new.
- Not all groups are academic; many involve craft skills and physical activities.
- The majority of groups are small and take place in the home of one of the group with a nominal (usually 50p) contribution towards any tea or coffee that may be provided.
- Larger groups may meet at other venues for which a higher charge may be made.
If you have no desire to join a group you can still belong to the U3A and attend the monthly meetings.
The membership year starts on 1st September and the annual subscription for 2019/20 is a modest £17. Amongst other benefits, this includes our newsletter, the “West Wolds Quarterly” as well as “Third Age Matters”, the national magazine which is mailed to members five times a year.
How to Join
Come to the next meeting (see above for the date), make yourself known to the Greeters and they’ll be glad to explain how West Wolds U3A works.
Or click here to download a Membership Form…
Or complete the form on the Contact Us page and someone will get back to you.