These are held in the Festival Hall, Market Rasen (LN8 3HT) on the second Thursday of each month, doors open from 09.15, and serving tea/coffee at 09:45, which is followed by important announcements at 10:30, then our guest speaker. This is the opportunity to find out all that is going on in your U3A.
JUN 13 Stuart Gibbon – Staying Safe. Ex- Senior Police Detective advises on home security, bogus callers, telephone cold callers, mobile phone security and scam mail. A must for everyone to stay safe in these modern times.
JUL 11 Loretta Rivett- Lincolnshire Dialects. It may frit frim foak or even give them a meagrim but Linkisheere’s traditional dialect is more than just chitter n’ jabber – it’s proud heritage. The born-and-bred Yellowbelly will be telling local folktales and poems, as well as explaining the origins of Lincolnshire words, some of which date back to the 14th century.
AUG 8 Karen Crow – Lincoln Ghost Walks. Lincoln is steeped in spooky stories and ghostly tales, let Karen guide you through the legends.
The monthly meeting also offers the opportunity to investigate the many group activities on offer – currently over 40.
- You may belong to as many groups as you like, or you may lead one group and learn at several others.
- It is a good way to make friends and face the challenge of learning something new.
- Not all groups are academic; many involve craft skills and physical activities.
- The majority of groups are small and take place in the group leader’s home with a nominal (usually 50p) contribution towards any tea or coffee that may be provided.
- Larger groups may meet at other venues for which a higher charge may be made.
If you have no desire to join a group you can still belong to the U3A and attend the monthly meetings.
The membership year starts on 1st September and the annual subscription for 2018/19 is a modest £17. Amongst other benefits, this includes our newsletter, the “West Wolds Quarterly” as well as “Third Age Matters”, the national magazine which is mailed to members three times a year.
How to Join
Come to the next meeting (see above for the date), make yourself known to the Greeters and they’ll be glad to explain how West Wolds U3A works.
Or click here to download a Membership Form…
Or complete the form on the Contact Us page and someone will get back to you.